What is Nofollow Tag(Links)?"A no follow link is a link that does not count as a point in the page’s favor, does not boost PageRank, and doesn’t help a page’s placement in the SERPs. No follow links get no love. Theirs is a sad and lonely life."
In Simple Words
Example: <a href='http:www.mybloggerguides.com' rel='nofollow'>My Blogger Guides</a>
What is Dofollow Tag(Links)?There is no such thing like Dofollow link. Follow links are links that count as points, pushing SEO link juice and boosting the page rank of the linked-to sites, helping them go higher in the SERPs as a result.
In Simple Words
When to Use Dofollow?You should never add a nofollow tag to the internal links of your blog. Internal links are those links which are linked from one page of your blog to another page of your blog. These are links to other pages of your blog from one page. By interlinking to older pages/posts of your blog keeps them alive and help search engine crawlers to re-index them again because when you link a older page or post from a newer page/post then crawlers will pay visit to those all the links shared on new post/page and re-index them. Use Dofollow tag to all the internal links unless useless links like as links to comments.
Benefits of Internal Linking:-
- You keep receiving the visitors to your older posts from newer posts from by internal linking.
- By adding dofollow tag to internal links, the main homepage PR flows in a balance which will help the robots crawl your site thoroughly as it serves like as a Sitemap.
When to Use Nofollow?You should add a nofollow tag to the external links (Links to outside from your blog) you share on your blog. The type of links you are sharing may not be relevant to your blog so it is must to add a nofollow tag to those all links and that does not mean you will always have to nofollow each and every external link. You can share some valuable and relevant links with dofollow tag like as the link to a blog in same niche. Here are some type of links you should add nofollow tag to:
- Pages on Social Network.
- Social profiles on social nework.
- Torrent & Mirror sites like as uTorrent, 4shared, Mediafire, Rapidshare.
- Demo links.
- Big players like Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and Bing etc.
- Any other irrelevant links.
Two major Benifits of using Nofollow tag:-
- No penalties from search engines because you are safe by using a nofollow tag to irrelevant and harmful links to your Blog/Website.
- It is high Page Rank because no link juice will be passed to these links.
Watch this Video from Matt Cuts of Google Webmaster Help on Use of rel='nofollow' tag. :)
Recommended: 3 Stylish Ways for Making Youtube Videos Responsive in Blogger.
Conclusion:So above guide is about "When and How To Use Dofollow & Nofollow links in your Blog/Site?" Do follow links may do more for SEO, but both deserve a place in your blog's Search engine optimization. Have any query? Ask us via dropping a comment below using comment box. Do share.
Thank You! Stay Blessed!