In one of our previous article we have shared with you How To Add Different Background to Author Comments in Blogger and also How To Add Admin Ribbon in Blogger Comments and today we are here with another trick by which you can easily change default anonymous avatar of blogger comments.
If you moderate your blogger comments then you may or may not allow anonymous users to post on your site. If you do allow anonymous users to comment you've more than likely noticed the default avatar. So this simple tutorial will show you how to change or customize default avatar of anonymous commenters or Blogger users with no photo added on their profiles.
Blogger offer three default comment avatars, one for anonymous users, one for Blogger accounts without an avatar or even until recently Google+ profiles. The default blogger avatar for Anonymous and Blogger Commentators is ridiculous. I'm often getting quite a lot comments saying Anonymous Comment Avatar is appearing like a ghost. So I decided to change the default blogger comment avatars.
While Blogger announced the new threaded commenting system, we can still customize it by adding a jQuery plugin to our template and then replace the default anonymous avatar that can be found on this address: http://img1.blogblog.com/img/anon36.png and the one for blogger users: http://img2.blogblog.com/img/b36-rounded.png ... with your own.
Our Recommended Blogger Widgets
- WordPress Like Floating Social Sharing Widget for Blogger with Counter.
- AllInOne Admin Box Widget with Social buttons and Subscription Box.
- Add Sticky Notification Bar To Blogger with Show/Hide Button.
- Stylish Contact Form For Blogger! Add to Static Page, Responsive & Pro Version.
- Cute & Stylish Email Popup Subscription Widget.
Change The Default Anonymous Avatar of Blogger Comments:
- Go To Blogger >> Template >> Edit HTML.
- Click anywhere inside the code area and by pressing CTRL+F search for </body> tag.
- Now copy and paste following code just above of this tag.
var oldSrc = '//img1.blogblog.com/img/blank.gif'; //Default blogger image link
var newSrc = 'http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eKbzORzVaBQ/T6ZXHmdgHqI/AAAAAAAACFs/rVy3T4gxojM/s1600/blogger-user.png'; //New image link
$('img[src="' + oldSrc + '"]').attr('src', newSrc);
- Now you can save template for make changes in anonymous avatar.
Changing The Default AvatarBlogger users: Replace the URL in Yellow with your own.
- That's it. Hope this trick is useful for you.
Conclusion:So above guide is about How To Change Default Anonymous Avatar in Blogger Comments? We hope by this guide you can easily change default anonymous avatar of blogger Comments. If anyhow problem occurs then ask us via dropping a comment below. Now its your turn to share it on blogging communities and on social networking sites. Don't forget to subscribe us. Do Share.
Thank You! Stay Blessed!